Red palm oil has been used both as food and medicine for thousands of years. It was used as a sacred food ingredient by the pharaohs of ancient Egypt. Just as extra virgin olive oil, red palm oil is also an integral part of the Mediterranean diet in tropical Africa and Southeast Asia.
Red Palm Oil is one of the Healthiest Oils:
Fresh-harvested organic palm fruits are used to harvest organic red palm oil. Being a natural vegetable oil, red palm oil has no trans-fatty acids or cholesterol. It is also the richest natural source of an antioxidant called tocotrienol. This super antioxidant and many other antioxidants present in this oil act as scavengers of oxygen free radicals and are believed to play a vital role in preventing cellular aging, cancer, atherosclerosis, arthritis, and Alzheimer's disease. Organic red palm oil provided by Juka’s Organic is unprocessed that naturally contains tocotrienols and tocopherols (vitamin E), and carotenoids (vitamin A), which gives palm oil its red color.
Comparing Red Palm Oil to Other Oils
- Red palm oil contains more vitamin E and antioxidants than any other oil
- No other oil has this much amount of carotenes
- Red palm oil contains a healthy balance of all types of fats - 50% saturated fatty acids, 40% monounsaturated, and 10% polyunsaturated
- Red palm oil remains stable when cooked at high temperatures as it has a high smoke point (450°F or 232°C)
- Organic red palm oil is not processed with heat or solvents like hexane, it is not hydrogenated, and does not contain any trans-fatty acids
- Both organic palm kernel oil and coconut oil are rich in lauric acid. However, red palm oil is richer in palmitic and oleic acid
- Olive Oil, which has been typically considered the healthiest cooking oil, unlike red palm oil, is high in monounsaturated fatty acids, low in polyunsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E, and does not remain stable when used for cooking at high temperatures
Benefits of Cooking with Red Palm Oil:
Red palm oil possesses excellent cooking properties as it more heat stable than other vegetable oils. It offers superior taste, texture, and quality in foods and baked goods. Most oils become rancid when exposed to heat, light, and oxygen, but organic red palm oil is naturally protected by its high content of vitamin E and antioxidants and has a natural resistance to oxidation and rancidity.
A study where red palm oil was used to cook at high temperatures showed that it does not have an adverse effect on blood lipids. It also contains a low concentration of linolenic acid and a very moderate composition of linoleic acid, the easily oxidized components of oils, making red palm oil even more resistant to rancidity.
Buy the Best Quality Red Palm Oil:
Juka’s Organic is one of the leading suppliers of organic superfood and beauty products in the USA from Africa. We have women farmer partners in the villages of West Africa who exclusively supply their hand-selected, unrefined sustainable organic red palm oil, obtained by using the traditional method of natural palm oil extraction. To buy the best quality organic red palm oil, click here: https://jukasorganic.com/pages/what-is-red-palm-oil