The baobab tree is usually found in Africa and has traditionally been used as medicine, food ingredient, and many other household items. The baobab tree produces edible fruit, seeds, and leaves. The pulp of the baobab tree dries naturally, which is then turned into a fine powder. The baobab fruit powder provided by Juka’s Organic is packed with antioxidants and natural goodness. It has high fiber content and is low in sugar and fat. It has more fibers than all 12 vitamins and minerals but is exclusively high in Vitamin C, iron, calcium, magnesium, and potassium. The powder of the baobab fruit is sweet and tangy in nature, which is why it can be added to foods and drinks. Here are some ways where you can use the baobab fruit powder:
- Adding it to Breakfast Dishes:
Adding baobab fruit powder into porridge can make this mundane breakfast dish extra exciting. You can add the powder to many other breakfast dishes to elevate its nutritional content. You can stir the powder into a smoothie bowl, sprinkle some of it into the overnight oats, mix it in your yogurt, or you can even add the powder to your breakfast cereal.
- Increase the Nutritional value of a Popsicle:
If you are craving a cool, sweet treat and also don’t want to ruin your health goals, try some homemade fruit popsicles that have no added sugar. For example, here is a recipe for mango and yogurt Popsicle with added baobab fruit powder:
- Peel a ripe mango and the cut it into large chunks
- Put those chunks into a blender with 3 cups of yogurt and 1 tablespoon of baobab powder
- Blend the whole thing until smooth
- Fill your Popsicle molds with this mixture and freeze it until solid
- Use Baobab Powder in baking:
You may not know this but the Vitamin C present in the baobab fruit powder can boost the texture of homemade bread. This is because vitamin C provides a slightly acidic environment that helps in boosting the action of yeast. Especially in wholemeal bread, which does not rise as well as white bread, baobab powder can provide that benefit.
- As a Salad Dressing:
Another great way to use the baobab fruit powder in your diet is by adding it to salad dressing. Here is a recipe for an oil and vinegar-based salad dressing example that features baobab powder:
- Take an empty glass jar and pour 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and 2 tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar
- Add 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped herbs, 1 teaspoon of mustard, ¼ teaspoon of baobab powder, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of freshly grounded black pepper.
- Refrigerate the mixture for at least half an hour and shake well before serving