Africa has an abundance of the best African products, and Shea butter is one such unique product. It is extracted from the nuts of Shea tree, which are native to West Africa, and most of the supply of Shea butter still comes from that region.
Shea butter is being used as a cosmetic and beauty ingredient for over decades. The reason is that it is a high concentration of vitamins and fatty acids, which makes it a great product for smoothing and conditioning. Shea butter doesn’t contain chemicals thus; it does not dry out your skin and hair. It is generally used for its moisturizing effects, so when one use this; it acts as a nourishing agent and rapidly creates moisture.
It also contains a sufficient amount of vitamins A and E, which means it, promotes strong antioxidant activity. Due to its unique properties, the market is full of Shea butter hair products. But a lot of these products are not organic and they can temper against the natural moisture of your hair. So it is better to use the Shea butter directly on your hair.
Here are some tips in which you can use Shea butter for your hair:
- Use a small amount of Shea butter and massage it into your hair in a circular motion going section by section. This will prevent your scalp irritation.
- If your hair is frizzy and dry, you can comb the Shea butter through your hair and let it sit for 60-90 minutes before shampooing your hair.
- If you too are tired of that small flyaway, then control them by taking a small amount of Shea butter between your palms and then rub it directly on your flyaway to tame them.
- Shea butter also helps to prevent dandruff. All you need to do is take a dollop of Shea butter, and with the help of your fingers, massage it into your hair. Repeat this for 2-3 times a week.
- Mix Shea butter with coconut oil and apply this mask on your tresses. Let it sit for 30 minutes and wash it out. By doing this, you can repair your damaged and brittle hair.
- Use it as a heat protector. Before blow drying or straightening your hair take about a tsp of Shea butter and apply it all over your strands.
- For that amazing and glowing bounce include it in your hair routine and watch how it transforms your hair from dull to shiny.
The most important thing to keep in mind while using Shea butter is to only use organic Shea butter. You won’t be able to see any result until and unless the butter you are using is 100% pure and organic. As Shea butter is available in both oil and cream form try and test which form, suits your hair the best. Do not forget to store it at a consistent temperature and away from direct sunlight. If you find Shea butter to be too heavy, then opt for Shea oil as an alternative.